- Policy can be canceled or changed at any time.
- Policy is generally not portable if you decide to leave employer.
- Restricted definitions of disability – own occupation definition generally not included.
- Taxable benefits.
- Policy cannot be canceled or changed as long as premiums are paid.
- Policy is portable no matter where you are in the country.
- Own Occupation disability benefits available to age 65 or 67.
- Non-taxable benefits as long as policy premiums are paid with after-tax dollars.